Friday, May 10, 2013

A MOTHERS STORY...

Mothers have a special bond with their children that cannot be explained.About 2 weeks ago, I featured Baby Alexia's Story here.

Her Mother, Camilla tells her story...

My name is Camilla. I am a wife and a mother of 4 beautiful children. We live a normal middle class life in the suburbs of the capital city of Cameroon called Yaounde.
You see, just like every other mother, I had great expectations when I was pregnant with my last daughter. I prayed to God for my precious bundle to come out healthy and strong. The other children were excited and we waited.

I had my baby, Alexia, on the 22nd of February 2012. While the birth was natural, all was not well. My little bundle did not look well. She had a slightly inflated abdomen. After several examinations, she was sent to the nursery where she was treated for an apparent infection. Rather than have the joyous moment of bonding, we were worried and guessing what was wrong with our baby. Unfortunately, due to our less developed medical system in Cameroon, we were sent home a few days later with more worries than answers or sense of direction. Two days later, we noticed she still was not looking alright and won’t even eat. She was feeble. We therefore began our search for treatment for our daughter.
After meeting several pediatricians, we ended up at a major treatment center in Yaounde called “Foundation Chantal Biya”. She had a blood transfusion that same day and we were hospitalized for another 10 days at this facility, where she was eventually diagnosed with Biliary Atresia. I watched in horror as my baby’s little body endured a battery of treatments from several treatments for an “infection”......

Please Click Here for the rest of the Story.

I have received lots of questions and feedback about this fundraiser. It is very encouraging and heartwarming to see the out pour of empathy, concern, compassion and open hands and hearts of many towards this cause.

Added a Link directly to the Baby Alexia fundraiser site to my Blog!!


Please Donate and join the family and friends of Baby Alexia make her dream for a liver transplant come true. If you have any questions, please contact the project coordinators (email contacts are on the website

Stay tuned for updates on the progress of the fundraising drive.

Y.M. 4 Alexia
IRepCamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This